Wednesday, September 17, 2008

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

R-E-S-P-E-C-T find out what it means to me.

I'll tell you what it means to me, or rather what it meant.
Respect is giving me the opportunity to explain myself. Respect is listening. Respect is valuing my opinion Respect is not jumping to conclusions. Respect is trusting me.

tonight, i had an epiphany; a realization that, while not entirely good, will allow me to change.

i have an issue with respect, i cling to the world's definition of it. i rarely give respect unless i receive it. case in point with my previous post.

but i'm wrong. at least from a certain book's standpoint

this book claims that respect is something entirely different from what i have been taught to believe. it claims that respect is something i should forever be looking to give, and never seeking to receive. it claims that i should respect all. most especially those who do not return it. it claims that although some may return the favor, many will not, and will likely hate me all the more for it.

pretty enticing isn't it.

let me try this again.
Respect was giving me the opportunity to explain myself. Respect was listening. Respect was valuing my opinion Respect was not jumping to conclusions. Respect was trusting me.

Respect is never looking for justice, but never ceasing to give it.
Respect is loving them.